- Case Review - Susan Powell investigation - 2 1/2 days: A Three-year investigation that ended in disbelief. Susan Powell remains missing and ¾ of the Powell family are now deceased. This is an interactive case presentation offering Q & A with the lead detective, Ellis Maxwell. He will dive right into to the chilling details of this daunting investigation. Discussing how the investigation evolved, the red hearings, managing the enormous amounts of evidence, building a digital case file, searches, working with other jurisdictions and much more. The audience will be more informed, being able to wrap their minds around this investigation. In addition, the lessons learned will be shared. This should prepare one with an idea of how to approach and work through a high profile and or very involved investigation.
- Investigating High Profile Cases and or Very Involved Cases - 4-days: This course will offer direction and valuable information to assist in creating and managing a digital case file, collection and preservation of evidence, offering key components that work well in investigating a high-profile case and or a very involved investigation where leadership, investigators, and even multiple teams operate as a one. Choosing the right person for the right assignment for positive results. A review of traditional investigative techniques to non-traditional. This course will primarily reference the Powell investigation. Diving much deeper into the details of the operation, decision making, preparing for a trial, what worked and what didn't work. These types of cases can deplete resources and the budget. They can create friction between peers, divisions, and supervisors and become political.
- Investigating Officer Involved Shootings - 3-days: This is an interactive and motivational course offering Q & A. This is an exceptional course for detectives & supervisors that don’t investigate officer involved shootings on a regular basis. Maxwell will highlight and target key aspects to investigating an officer involved shooting. At the end of this training course a detective/supervisor will have the resources and knowledge on how to approach an OIS, analyzing the scene and data provided, understanding the importance and the dynamics in working as a team, properly preparing and conducting the interview with officer(s) involved, and preparing & presenting to the district attorney. The last half of day-3 will include, handling the potential repercussions from the media and social media. Mentally preparing for the days/weeks to follow. This is a fabulous opportunity to also educate and prepare those who will be mostly impacted (officers and their spouses).
- Being an Effective School Resource Officer - 2-days: Our youth is our future. The positive impact a school resource officer can have on a teenager in junior high and or high school is undeniable. The relationship between the student and the detective is priceless and can present a significant value, years down the road when investigating a crime. This course will provide techniques that work well with the youth. Maxwell will present a case review validating how we treat our youth in the school can become valuable down the road. In addition, there will be discussions regarding safety, being a liaison between your agency and the school district, tight working relationship with S.W.A.T, and situations to avoid.
- Uphill Climb in a L.E. Career, how to survive and prepare - 1-day: This course is designed to prepare new personnel and or personnel that have been on for up to six years for a career that will result in retirement. This is a motivational interactive course. Students will walk away with valuable information; what to expect if involved in a officer involved shooting, anything they're currently experiencing or may experience during their career is likely normal, planing for retirement, planning a career road map, the importance of education, plan c if they can't carry out a career in law enforcement, family & work life balance, losing site of why they become one to serve the public, being adaptable & flexible within the walls of the agency. Very powerful, helpful and motivational.
- Downhill Slide in a L.E. Career, how to prepare - 1-day: This course is designed to reignite, provide direction, offer suggestions, guidance and prepare one that may be on the brink of retiring. Ideal for personnel approaching mid-career and up-to the last years before retiring. The light is at the end of the tunnel, what are you going to do when you arrive? Everything in the "uphill climb" will be touched on; however, more focus will be placed on the end game after their L.E. career; how to prepare physically, mentally, preparing financially, and what one will likely experience after their departure. This is a uplifting, interactive, motivational course to help rejuvenate and prepare those who have ate, slept, and lived the LE career for a positive life after.
Visit Elite Edge Firearms & Training for some additional training options